Twitter Easy Tips for Success
Take a look at our simple top steps for using Twitter successfully. There is much more to squeeze from Twitter for your personal brand and business, so if you want to know more drop me a message. See our website as well.
- Research shows it is better to use something close to your own name
- For example I have converted mine to @mick_latter
- This supports your personal brand
- You need a strong BIO that’s states up front what you can do for people
- Use a strong personal photo
- The Banner photo is a chance to show your company
- Short, sharp and snappy.
- Aim for 70-100 characters not the full 280.
- Always use media to attract Text only is a fail.
- Video is a winner.
- Use hyperlinked content sparingly.
- Twitter prefers content that runs on their platform.
- What does your target audience want to see and engage with?
- Twitter is designed for interaction.
- So @tag someone into your conversation.
- Check if they are actually active on Twitter – when did they last post? Don’t waste that @tag.
- Only include 1-2 @tags in a post.
- Place at the end of your post or people who read your content might click that @tag and you have lost them.