Armed Forces Covenant
Here at Focus Ecommerce and Marketing we are proudly supporting The Armed Forces Covenant. This is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
The Armed Forces Covenant is the nation’s pledge to those who courageously protect our country with honour, courage, and devotion.
It is a vow that we, as a community, recognise and understand that people who serve or have served in the military services, as well as their families, should be treated fairly and respectfully in the communities, economies, and societies in which they put their lives on the line.
What is being done?
The covenant focusses on helping members of the armed forces community have the same access to government and commercial services and products as any other citizen.
This support is provided in a number of areas including:
- education and family well-being
- having a home
- starting a new career
- access to healthcare
- financial assistance
- discounted services
Find information about working, jobs and pensions for members of the armed forces and their families .
For more information about the background of of the Armed Forces Covenant go to the covenant policy .
You can also read the Armed Forces Covenant promise in full here .
Focus Ecommerce and Marketing commit to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community.
We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business and to our country. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public.
- Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of Service leavers;
- Service Spouses & Partners: supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners; partnering with the Forces Families Jobs Forum; and providing flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Reserves: supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional paid/unpaid leave for annual Reserve Forces training; supporting any mobilisations and deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists;
- Cadet Organisations: supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses; actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations; supporting local military cadet units; recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
- National Events: supporting Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities;
- Armed Forces Charities: supporting Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting staff who volunteer to assist;
- Commercial Support: offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces community;
- Any additional commitments the company wishes to make.